Venue & Travel
DE2013 will be held at Salford Quays, home to MediaCityUK, a new international hub for the creative and digital sectors, the event will take advantage of the state-of-the art facilities at the BBC, the University of Salford, and the Lowry arts centre.
Watch the official MediaCityUK video by Toasted Productions to get an idea of the location
MediaCityUK is close to one of the most comprehensive transport infrastructures in the country, so getting here won’t be a problem. When travelling to MediaCityUK please try to use public transport wherever possible. Download the MediaCityUK map (PDF)
- Run every six minutes in both directions between Manchester Piccadilly and MediaCityUK
- Only 15 minutes between MediaCityUK and Manchester Piccadilly by tram, for details please visit the Metrolink website
- There are over 300 cycle bays across the MediaCityUK site.
- For those who need to travel by car, a new link road with the M602 motorway will give drivers the option to approach MediaCityUK from either end of Broadway. The M602 provides onward linkages to major routes leading in all directions.
- There is very limited parking at the site.
- Sat Nav Reference: M50 2EQ
- Manchester Airport, a 20-minute drive from MediaCityUK, offers a choice of more than 200 destinations worldwide. Additional overseas connections are available at nearby Liverpool John Lennon Airport.